Town & Country Real Estate was pleased to host the first of three public seminars on Short Sales & Foreclosures last night at the Hampton Bays Library. To recap the highlights:
ROBIN LONG, Esq, Fier & Long PC Attorneys At Law…… 631-585-4344
- Current economic conditions find homeowners who have overleveraged themselves or simply find themselves in a negative cash flow situation due to circumstances beyond their control.
- By definition, a short sale is when the loan amounts exceed the market value.
- 3 potential pitfalls in your mortgage to look for are pre-payment penalties, negative amortization loans, and/or interest only loans. All these stipulations can lead to owing more than what your home is worth—hence forth, resulting in a short sale.
- If you should find yourself in, or approaching this situation, ASAP contact an Attorney who specializes in short sales. Robin included in everyone’s packet a checklist of items they should bring with them to the Attorney’s office.
** The most important result with a short sale vs. a foreclosure is that YOU CAN SAVE YOUR CREDIT.
VICTORIA HOHMAN, Manhattan Mortgage Broker…………631-324-1555
- Consult a Mortgage Professional BEFORE you find yourself without money to pay your bills. They will be able to advise you if a loan modification is in order or a refinance is better… or if you need to be referred to an Attorney. There ARE options early on.
- There are mortgage products out there for qualified buyers.. even in the jumbo market
- Do NOT miss your mortgage payment above all other debt.. it most effects your credit scores.
- Mortgage Professionals do NOT require an upfront fee for your initial meeting and there’s no obligation.
ELIZABETH (MISSY) CAPOZZOLI, Town & Country Real Estate Broker Certified in Short Sales…… 631-288-3030
- Any Real Estate Broker who asks for a fee upfront is NOT representing your best interest.
- If you should find yourself in this unfortunate situation, require that your Real Estate Agent is a Certified Short Sale Specialist
- Once in short sale status, banks require a Real Estate Broker handle the sale
- BPO is a Broker Price Opinion which is what lending institutions will require first
- Visit EastEndShortSales.com for more listings and information. This is a free website to agents and buyers and sellers.
We then opened the floor to questions and continued an active dialogue on the subject for the next hour.
The next seminar will be in Springs, East Hampton. Feel free to call Missy for date, place & time.